Saturday, September 12, 2009

More About Me


Psyche Matters

I work on the third story of the BNZ in downtown New Plymouth. It's great being up high and close to the library and the museum and the best coffee shop in town, Ozone on King St. I'm mother to two girls and love cooking, sewing, reading weighty psychoanalytic books, poetry and good novels. At the moment I'm reading Captain Correlli's Mandolin and a biography of RD Laing. I love walking the dog on Back Beach, camping on the east coast in summer, cheering on the girls on the Waiwakaiho courts on a bright and cold Taranaki saturday morning.
I visit Auckland once a month for teaching and supervision and I'm involved in teaching with the Institute of Psychosynthesis. Last year I became a full member of NZAP and a registered psychotherapist. Psychotherapy has recently become a registered profession which offers protection for clients and means that all psychotherapists are qualified and work with the same code of ethics. Find out more about psychotherapy at NZAP and at Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand. Recently I have been studying with the London Institute of Group Analysis when they offered a training in Auckland in 2007 and 2008. I graduated with diplomas in Psychosynthesis counseling and psychotherapy from The New Zealand Institute of Psychosynthesis in Auckland in 1991 and 1999. Prior to this I worked as an English and Drama teacher in Opotiki, Bay of Plenty and in Auckland.

1 comment: